jongsmamm

Thoughts and updates on open-source programming, C++, and GNOME

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Geek vs. non-geek

You know, I spend so much time in the free software world that I often forget how unusual it all is. For instance, I was submitting this bug against gtkmm the other day and joanne was reading over my shoulder:

I don't think I've ever understood anything less than what you just wrote.

and (paraphrasing the header from this page):

In no alternate universe would I ever be 'entering a bug into bugzilla'.

Of course, the word 'bugzilla' was uttered in a way that suggested that it was some sort of bizarre creature. Not that I really mind -- people have different interests and she's just one of the millions of people that have no interest in computers for their own sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home